Dr. Valentin Schatz
Research Associate, Prof. Dr. Alexander Proelß
- By prior arrangement only
Dr. Valentin Schatz is a research associate and post-doctoral researcher at the Institute for the Law of the Sea and for Maritime Law and at the Chair of International Law of the Sea and International Environmental Law, Public International Law and Public Law of Professor Alexander Proelß. His main research interests include:
- International, European and German Law of the Sea (in particular marine environmental law, fisheries law, and maritime security law), as well as the interface between the Law of the Sea and other branches of Public International Law (e.g., human rights law, the law of naval warfare or international investment law)
- International, European and German Environmental Law
- International Dispute Settlement
Dr. Valentin Schatz regularly publishes his research in peer-reviewed international law journals, books and on dedicated law blogs. He also regularly presents and discusses his research in various fora such as international academic conferences, as an invited speaker and in media interviews. Dr. Valentin Schatz advises NGOs, enterprises, governmental authorities and think-tanks on legal matters falling into his research interests.
You can also find Dr. Valentin Schatz on:
Please click here for the chair's website.
An up-to-date CV is available here.
Publications, Presentations & Public Outreach
An up-to-date list of publications is available here.
Im Sommersemester 2021 bietet Valentin Schatz folgende Lehrveranstaltungen an:
- Vorlesung Seevölkerrecht II (10-02-398)
- Seminar International Dispute Settlement (10-02-405) (mit Alina Funk und Julian Burhenne)