Our Master-course guarantees participants comprehensive training in the various fields of international taxation. It covers the areas of Business Administration, Tax Planning, Taxation Law and Finance in an integrated manner.
In total the duration of the seminars amounts to around 530 lecture hours which are spread over two semesters. Lectures take place on Fridays and Saturdays. This enables those working full time as tax professionals to take part in the course. With a maximum of 25 course participants, the lively seminars, lectures, discussions and case studies are intimate and practically relevant. Basic principles such as taxation of residents and non-residents are explained, methods of avoiding double taxation are expanded upon, and the specific principles of the taxation of international activities are explored in either German or English. Emphasis is also put upon the analysis of tax systems in selected countries. Along with Western European countries and the USA, special attention is paid to the reformed countries recently accepted as EU members, such as Poland and Hungary. In addition, course participants attend the annual Hamburg International Tax Conference. We are offering an international and multi-faceted programm. Enrich it with your experience!
The MITax program is officially accredited by AQAS ("Agency for Quality Assurance through Accreditation of Study Programs", Agentur für Qualitätssicherung durch Akkreditierung von Studiengängen, www.aqas.de).
- Duration: 1 year (October - September), Master's dissertation
- Lecture days: Fridays and Saturdays, 9 am - 5 pm, around 33 weekends
- Holiday: Christmas, March, Easter and Whitsun
- Languages of instruction: German and English; fluent knowledge of the German language is absolutely essential.
- Academic requirements: Applicants must be university or polytechnic graduates in Economics, Law or similar subject. In addition, they should also possess a sound basic knowledge of German tax law (essential!)
- Degree awarded: Master of International Taxation
- Tuition fee: 12.500 Euro (a.t.m.)
- Application deadline: 15th of July