- As a University of Excellence, Universität Hamburg is one of the strongest research universities in Germany. As a flagship university in the greater Hamburg region, it nurtures innovative, cooperative contacts to partners within and outside academia. It also provides and promotes sustainable education, knowledge, and knowledge exchange locally, nationally, and internationally. Junior professorships are aimed at researchers in the early stages of their career, within four years after completion of doctoral studies. The Faculty of Law invites applications for a Junior Professorship (W1) for Private Law And Economics commencing on 1 October 2020, ref. no. JP 316.
The Institute for Law and Economics (ILE) at the University of Hamburg has a vacancy for a research assistant as of 01.01.2021.
The position is located at the chair of Prof. Dr. Georg Ringe. The tasks include interdisciplinary research of law and economics in the field of financial market regulation, corporate governance and insolvency and capital market law. Furthermore, teaching activities are required.
The applicant should have an above-average degree and good knowledge in law and/or economics. Very good English language skills are expected. Further information can be found in the advertisement (PDF).
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Georg Ringe by e-mail (georg.ringe"AT"uni-hamburg.de).
Application deadline is 20.10.2020.
We are happy to employ interns who want to have an insight into the daily work at a research institute. We offer internships for students with a minimum duration of 3 months. Your tasks will include working on projects in interdisciplinary research.
Convince us with:
- Affinity to the economic analysis of law
- Good knowledge of MS-Office
- Very good written and spoken English
- Willingness to deal with data
- Ability to work in a team, organizational talent, as well as open-mindedness and pleasure in independent work
You can expect:
- Challenging tasks and constructive feedback
- Collaboration in an interdisciplinary team, which works professionally and with commitment on new concepts and research questions
- Flat hierarchies and direct communication
Contact: Marek Endrich