Law and Economics Research Forum (LERF)
Law and Economics Research Forum (LERF) is a research project conducted in the framework of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Ta’ziz Science Cooperations 2023–2025 with funding provided by the Federal Foreign Office. LERF is a collaboration between the Institute for Law and Economics (ILE) and four partner universities in Tunisia and Egypt.
Our valued partner institutions currently involved in LERF are as follows:
- The University of Sousse
- South Mediterranean University (SMU)
- Cairo University
- British University in Egypt (BUE)
LERF engages in various activities aimed at advancing research and academic development in the field of Law and Economics. These activities include:
- Establishing a joint Research Forum supported by digital components to create a sustainable cooperation that promotes research and teaching among the partners in the Project.
- Endorsing exchange programs between ILE and the partner universities for students and faculty members (offering research stays for graduates and junior staff members).
- Curriculum Development and modernizing existing curricula by integrating digital learning methods.
- Promoting a business-oriented educational system (integrating business-related themes in the curricula).
LERF serves as an excellent platform for fostering knowledge exchange and collaboration between academic institutions in Germany, Tunisia, and Egypt.