Using the Internet
An UHH-Kennung (Universität Hamburg user ID) is required to use IT resources.
- Students at Universität Hamburg receive this access authorization with their enrollment documents.
- All other members of the University may apply to receive authorization to use IT resources in order to carry out tasks and duties related to employment.
- Law clerks should apply for a special user ID at the ZBR Information Desk. For the application, written proof of the beginning and end of the legal clerkship is required (law clerk ID card or contract).
- External library users who are not members of Universität Hamburg can generally only receive project-related user IDs—subject to authorization—from the Regional Computing Center (RRZ).
- Members of other universities (students and academic staff) are also able to connect to the Internet from their own laptop via eduroam.
You can obtain more information from the Regional Computing Center (Regionales Rechenzentrum, RRZ) of Universität Hamburg. The RRZ Service Line at Universität Hamburg is the central point of contact for questions about using IT services or devices, as well as the UHH-Kennung (Universität Hamburg user ID).
RRZ Service Line
Room 14b, Ground Floor
+49 40 42838-7790
How do I configure my laptop to connect to the network?
- You have access to WLAN throughout the entire ZBR. To connect to the public networks, you need an UHH-Kennung (Universität Hamburg user ID). Each workstation in the library also has a network connection box marked in black). If you wish to work with a network connection, please ensure you have a LAN cable.
- At Universität Hamburg you can connect to the campus network via the access software AnyConnect. For information, instructions, and an opportunity to download this VPN client, please click here.
- User Manual for University of Hamburg Wireless Network „GUEST“