Access to the Central Law Library (ZBR) is only possible with a valid library card!
The ZBR has an electronic access system. You must have a valid library card to enter the Library and use University of Hamburg Library System.
The staff at the Information Desk in the foyer of the Law Building (Rechtshaus) can admit persons wishing to acquire a library card.
Problems with library cards and questions
If you have any questions you can contact us:
- phone +49 40 42838-7171
- email zbr-service"AT"uni-hamburg.de
As a rule, personal data must be used to operate an electronic access system. However, this information is automatically deleted from the system on a daily basis. The following measures have been taken to ensure that the system is operated in accordance with data protection regulations:
- The Hamburg representative for data protection and freedom of information has been notified of the project.
- The legal parameters governing implementation of the system have been reviewed.
- Staff representatives have been informed personally of the system’s introduction.
- The official data protection representatives of Hamburg’s universities have been informed personally.
- Personal data are processed economically.
- Access data are automatically deleted from the system on a daily basis (to prevent the creation of movement profiles).
- Procedural instructions for data protection have been created and documents have been reviewed and agreed upon with data protection authorities.
- View publicly accessible procedural instructions (PDF, in German only)
During exam periods in the Faculty of Law, daily library hours are restricted. The Library is only open to users requiring access to law literature. Students in law programs, professors, members of academic staff, and members of the technical and administrative staff of University of Hamburg enjoy unrestricted access.
This also applies to all users who can testify in writing that they require access to law literature in order to pursue their work. These users need to fill out an access application (PDF) and present it, together with written proof, at the ZBR Information Desk.