Ph.D students´ workshop
Ph.D. students in law, social or political sciences who are working on the subjects mentioned below are invited to submit papers for the two-session workshop, which will be held both on September 23th and 24th, 2016. Selected Ph.D. students will have the opportunity to present their papers or research projects and get feedback from the professors/lecturers of the Conference. English will also be the working language of the Workshop.
The selection of the Ph.D. students will be based on both an abstract of no more than 500 words and their CV. The deadline for presenting the application is August 19th, 2016. For those applying with their PhD project, please provide information on the project´s state of development and indicate the parts or aspects chosen to be discussed. The selected students should hand in a full paper version (10-15 pages) of the subject to be presented until September 2nd, 2016, so that the best paper could be published in a special issue journal in a near future.
The main topics presented will be the following:
- EU Migration Policy and Law;
- The Rights of Third Country Nationals from associated States in the EU;
- Rights of Immigrants in the USA and American Migration Policy;
- Latin American Migration Policy;
- Current Situation at the Mediterranean;
- Refugee Policy and Law in the U.S. and Latin America.