Admission and enrollment
The following documents are usually required for an application for admission to doctoral studies or for an application:
- Tabular curriculum vitae
- List of all publications to date
- Exposé or research proposal (according to § 4 paragraph 2 PromO)
- Letter of supervision (endorsement and binding declaration of acceptance of the duties of a supervisor)
- Certificate of the First State Examination in Law or equivalent foreign diploma
- Transcript or Records (Translated to German or English)
- Two seminar certificates (passed with at least "vollbefriedigend")
- Supervision agreement between doctoral candidate and supervisor (§ 6 paragraph 5 sentence 2 PromO)
- Further important documents can be found here
The application is to be submitted via the online tool Docata - https://docata.uni-hamburg.de - if all documents are complete.
Information on registration, admission and enrollment via the online tool Docata can be found at:
- FAQs : Law : Universität Hamburg (uni-hamburg.de)
- Dokumente, Service und Kontakt : Rechtswissenschaft : Universität Hamburg (uni-hamburg.de)
All formal questions are regulated in the doctoral regulations - Promotionsordnung - of the faculty.
The Service for Students at the CampusCenter is responsible for enrollment.